Kevin Dailey has been involved with photography since childhood. For many years his main interest was nature and marine photography. His work took a major step forward in the 80's when he photographed and produced the "Newsday Yachting Series" multi-media presentation for the Long Island based newspaper. Since then he has had the opportunity to photograph yacht races all around the world, such as up and down the east coast of the USA, Sardinia, Germany, England, France. Many of these images have been published or have been presented in his multi-media presentations that have been given to groups of up to 400 people.
Kevin has photographed ski racing for the “Jeep Ski Club Challenge”, home/business interiors for interior designers and homebuilders and many other subjects. He has photographed his subjects from planes, helicopters, small inflatable boats, from a moving sailboat mast 75’ off the deck, from skis, next to Buffalo in the snow fields of Yellowstone or traversing the Alps of southern France.
“Harbor Gallery” in Rowayton, CT offers Kevin's B&W sailing images and abstract art in limited editions.
Collaborative Artist at "Coastal Contemporary Gallery", Newport, RI
Represented by “BLINK ART”, a division of Art Design Consultants in Cincinnati, OH.
In 2007 and 2008, Kevin took a new direction, which transforms his photographic images into captivating art. He has been commissioned to create individual works and recently signed a licensing agreement with "Roubini Rugs" of New York to produce a series of hand knotted rugs of his work.
• Solo show at “WORKPOINT” in Stamford, CT opened 5-18/1/19
• Two person show at "Sub Shots" popup gallery in Darien, CT Dec-17/Mar-18
• Group show at Art and Sound Gallery in Greenwich, CT
• Selected for participation in the Greenwich Art Society 95th Annual Juried Exhibition as part of the Greenwich Art Society 100 year celebration
• One-person abstract art show at the Bartlett Arboretum
• Year long, one-person sailing photography exhibit at the Salt Water Grille, Stamford, CT
• Sailing and Abstract art images represented in the private collections of numerous clients across the USA and in Europe.
• Sailing photography works featured in a Nantucket Gallery
• Featured artist with Samuel Owen Gallery, Greenwich, CT
• Well over one hundred one-person multi-media slide presentations on yacht racing for yacht clubs, civic groups, corporations, libraries, etc, from Florida to Vermont and in Europe
• Represented by Kos Picture Source stock photography in London, England
• Licensing agreement with Roubini Rugs to produce a series of his images as custom hand made rugs
• Produced three table top books on sailing
• Produced two table top books of abstract art
• Produced several calendars
• Participating artist in the inaugural Art About Town in Westport, CT
Solo Exhibition at the Pound Ridge Library Sept 23-Oct 4, 2014 "Synthesis", featuring B&W sailing photography and abstracts printed on metal.
Solo Exhibition at WORKPOINT - Stamford, CT June 2018 - August 2018.
Solo Exhibition at BEMER - Darien, CT October 2018 - Present
Magazines and newspapers: (editorial and commercial photography)
Multiple covers of Sailing World magazine
Cover of Yachts & Yachting magazine in England
Cover of The Tropic Times newspaper in Puerto Rico
Nautor’s Swan magazine, cover and editorial
Windcheck magazine, cover and editorial
Yachting World magazine in England
American Sailor magazine
Newsday – numerous photojournalism photos and multi-media productions
Published in Yacht Racing & Cruising magazine
Velocity Made Good magazine, covers and editorial
Fairfield County HOME
Connecticut Cottages & Gardens
New England Home CT magazine
Spectacular Homes of New England
Spectacular Homes of New York
Member of the Westport Artists Collective